Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend at Lisa's

Let me start this off by saying how insanely jealous I am of my mom right now. She flew to London last night and is going to spend the week having Tea every morning, shopping every afternoon, and seeing shows every night. Geez, I can't wait to be retired!

As for those of us left behind, we're having a good weekend too. Yesterday we went to our friends Jeremy and Amanda's house for a Tres de Mayo party. It was a fun time. We ate some very yummy home made Mexican foods and got to visit with some people we only see once a year at some even hosted by Jeremy and Amanda (duh). Natalie proceeded to spill tequila on herself twice by picking up cute little cactus shot glasses that were very much at her reach. The first time it was empty and so only had a drop or two that landed on her shirt. The second time, though, it was a full shot and I think it got on her face (mouth!?) and I know her hands got soaked from it as she was picking it up. I feel like a terrible mom, but it's not like she drank the stuff, just spilled it on herself while she was picking up the cup. Oh well. Here's a pic of her towards the end of the party, holding a Wii remote and gnawing on her (tequila soaked!?) finger.
FYI: that is a cup of grapes, not another alcoholic beverage in her reach.

Today Josh had a boys afternoon, going to see Iron Man and have lunch. Natalie and I have hung out at home, though not by choice. The car has a flat tire and the tire-fixing-guy went to a movie. So we're stuck. We've spent some time outside, playing T-Ball and at the water table, where, inevitably clothes get wet and must come off. This is last year's hat, and is a little small, but I hope is doing some good at keeping the mid-day sun off her.
Waving Bye-Bye to a plane overhead.

Have you ever seen a more girly T-Ball set?

I'm spending a lot of time today day dreaming over shopping for the new baby, and if any of you out there have a Sit-N-Stand style stroller, please tell me what brand you have and what you think of it. I've read reviews that vary from "like a tank" to "best stroller ever." I'm also nesting a bit and trying to clean out the drawers of the guest room furniture so it can be ready to go to the basement. I'm also wondering where I'm going to hang all the art that was in that room. The art is mostly blue, as the guest room was the Blue Room, and the only other blue stuff in the house is in the kitchen were wall space is most limited.

We also had a scary run-in with someone else's dog in our yard. Salem and Natalie were on the back deck and I was at the table, kitchen door open, practically out there with them, and I was wondering what Salem was having such a fit about and why Natalie was laughing so hard. I went out to see and saw nothing and almost came right back in, when out of the corner of my eye, at the top of the stairs, nose through the gate, was a Boxer. Now, normally this would just be annoying, but since Winston was beat up so badly by two Boxers in January, I became terrified and rushed everyone indoors. Knowing boxers are not typically aggressive, I went back out, reached through the gate and looked at his (her?) tag. It had no phone number on it. I called Josh for advice but since he was at that movie, I got none. I did the only thing I could think of and called the Sheriff's office for animal control. Since it wasn't an emergency and is Sunday they couldn't guarantee me anyone would come or even call. Well, two deputies did come over and get some info and the neighbors got the dog on a leash so he's no longer roaming around and I really hope the dog got back with his owner, it's just since the Winston stuff it put me into panic mode. I guess I did the right thing.

and OMG, while I was typing this Natalie pooped in her diaper, took the diaper off, freaked out, started wiping the poop with her hand, wiping her hands together, and sat down in the carpet in our bedroom, so that was a whole lot of fun to clean up. ::sigh::

After such a busy weekend and having skipped her nap today, at 6:00 pm Natalie decided she was just too tired to even finish her noodles and grapes dinner.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What an eventful weekend you've had! Don't you just love poopy diaper adventures!?! It's too bad we don't live closer, I think our daughters would have fun/get into a lot of trouble together! Natalie is such a cutie! How old is she again?

Suzanna said...

that is hilarious about the poopy diaper!

Brooke said...

Wow, they are close in age, Riley's birthday was Feb 9th! Your baby bump is still looking super-cute! Have you had to dip into maternity clothes yet? I'm feeling very in between clothes right now- maternity is too big and regular clothes are a little snug. Your ultrasound is coming up quickly, I bet you're getting anxious!

Alaskiana said...

What a great picture of her falling asleep in the high chair. Too cute.

And gross on the poop in the carpet! That's how I know I'm not ready for kids yet - I'd walk into that and throw up on the spot. Can I duct tape her diaper on when I watch her Sunday?? JUST KIDDING:)