Saturday, June 21, 2008

V is for Vacation!

We spent 5 days at Pawley's Island, SC and had a wonderful time. We were there with my extended family, this part consisting of 11 adults and 11 kids (ages 2 to 16)!! With the exception of one family of 4, we were all in one house together! The kids did a great job of entertaining each other and we adults had some fun too. One afternoon Josh even got in a round of golf while Natalie and I did some shopping. Our game of Putt Putt quickly turned sour, however, as it was during a day with no nap and Natalie didn't understand why she couldn't just hold onto all the golf balls.

As for the actual beach, unlike last year, Natalie LOVED it! We spent each morning there and she went from being afraid to touch the sand to pouring it on herself out of a bucket. She also would head down to the water on her own and Josh or I would have to run after her to be there for her. Natalie had a lot of fun kicking over mini sand castles that we would build for her, regrettably, I didn't get a picture of her doing this, but there were several others taking photos, so maybe one will surface. Although I kept SPF 50 on her the whole time, she's come home with the cutest little Water Babies style tan line around her butt. It's adorable!

As with all good vacations, I didn't want to leave, but was so glad to get home.

1 comment:

Alaskiana said...

Ahhh - the beach. Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a great time. We're headed to the mountains with Jeff's family (7 adults and 6 kids under 5) this week. I'm sure I'll have plenty of interesting things to write about next week.