Friday, September 19, 2008

Yes, Indeed...

...We're Ready!

I'm 37 weeks and full term today so I have no reservations about saying that we are indeed ready for Baby Lindsey to arrive! While, technically, we could have 3+ weeks left of being pregnant, I truly feel she isn't going to wait that long. Yesterday while taking a snooze on my yoga ball she decided to drop. No kidding. That fast and that noticeably. I think the angle I was sitting/reclining at gave a big help. She's now very heavy in my bum and my belly button is obviously above, no longer at, the roundest part of my belly. Those of you who've birthed a baby before, know that "in the bum" feeling is exactly what L&D nurses want you to have! Her car seat is loaded up in the car, the diaper bag is packed, and can only think of a few more things I need to throw in my hospital bag. She's still very active, though anyone could compare movements from before and now and know she's running out of room. I must admit, I'm getting quite excited!

Natalie has some new books about new babies and being a big sister and she's been choosing those for us to read each night. She even points to the big sister in one of the books and calls her "Nayee." I'm so excited that she's identifying with that role and I think she understands more than we give her credit for in regards to what's about to happen. Also, in the pictures you'll see a knit blanket on the back of the glider. This is Baby Lindsey's blanket, made by Janet, and aside from the colors is just like Natalie's special Blankies. Natalie knows this is "Lindsey's Bayee" and even brought it over to me, pulled up my shirt, and handed Lindsey her blankey. She also put BeBe to bed in the crib with "Lindsey's Bayee" to cover her. No jealousy issues so far....

Here are pictures of her room, including a few close ups of the incredibly cute switch plate and outlet covers I found on ebay.



6 comments:

Suzanna said...

Very cute! Can't wait to hear the big news that she's here!

Brooke said...

So cute!! How exciting she dropped... I remember when Riley dropped and what a relief it was to be able to breath again, but then the extra pressure in other places... You guys sound all ready to go with a packed bag and everything! Looking forward to news!

Rachel said...

Her room is absolutely precious! I am sorry I missed your shower. Gavin was teething and I didn't think he would be a happy guest. I am glad that is over!(until the next one jabs through at least) I'll have to try to come over soon and bring you your present.

Unknown said...

So exciting! New cousin Lindsey is almost here! Good luck!!!

Brooke said...

Now I'm really getting excited for you... my cousin, who was due October 5th with her first, just had her baby girl (Jordyn) last night! I keep hoping to see news on your blog about Baby Lindsey any day now! :) No pressure...

Brooke said...

We actually have 2 double strollers... make that 3! YIKES! The one in the zoo pictures is a Graco, which fits our infant carrier perfectly in the front or the back (but we always used the back, where Riley is sitting in the pictures- the infant seat faces backwards). We'll be using that one most while the baby is still in the infant carrier. The other double we have is a side-by-side we bought this summer to take to Disney World- but I can't remember the brand... we love it though! It's definitely more useful when the kids are bigger and can sit up unsupported. The last double we have is a jogging stroller- which I used constantly when I wasn't pregnant! It has bigger bike-tire wheels, so it worked well for camping too. Wow, that's a lot of strollers... and that doesn't include the single strollers we have... I can't wait to be out of the "baby" phase to get some of our garage space back! :) (sorry this comment was so long...)