Natalie LOVES her new school. She's played with the same girl for the last 3 days, so that's promising. Plus, she's ofically registered for Kindergarten next year.
The new lighting in the kitchen looks great. Now we need a back splash tiled in.
We bought the girls bedroom set today. Their new bedding came in a few days ago and the matching valance was an eBay find. With some trim paint their room will be crossed off as well. (Closet included this time!)
The hardwoods for the office are still about 2 weeks away. I think they're coming by rowboat from Thailand.
The guest room is painted, trim and all.
Still not sure what to do about a breakfast table.
I really want to clean light fixtures for my next "to do."
Made the Tree House the meeting place in case of fire and installed a smoke detector on the girls' of the house. Natalie said she'd be sure to wear her socks and shoes when she went outside, should it go off. Hard to replace on important lesson with another when you're five.
I can not express how much I love being able to drop the kids off at Grandma's house. Or have my dad show up over here with extra tools and a willing hand. Or meeting my brother for lunch. Or having my mom come over just to come over.
It is so good to be HOME!
5 comments:
Oh, Lisa, I agree.
That's great news! When your kids are happy, then you can relax. That's how I feel. :)
consider the light fixtures (save one that has a stubborn screw and must wait for Josh to return home) CLEAN!
You're one busy woman!! SOOO happy for your family and your new home! Can't wait to see tons of pictures of the decorating you're doing.
Hope you're able to relax soon. :)
No. I don't pretend to hate the couch. I really do hate it. Like asparagus and clowns.
Post a Comment