I'm quite the shopper. Confirmed addict, in fact. There's no denying it. Especially when it comes to the girls. Lately I've bought very little for myself but buy a ridiculous amount of things for them; toys, clothes, books, you name it! I know I should stop but I cant, it truly is a problem. In the past I've not been much of a sale shopper as it's usually at an inconvenience to me. However, I'm beginning to turn a new leaf. If you recall, I did go to goodwill and a consignment store before hitting Target when looking for the double stroller. Anyway, I found this wooden xylophone today from
Land of Nod on sale for $9.95 and free shipping and handling! Total cost for it to be delivered to my door: $9.95! AND! I didn't buy anything else while I was on the website. That's practically unheard of for me!

So I bought it and will set it aside, possibly until October 2010 for Lindsey's 2nd Birthday! See, We've already got several things for Natalie's birthday this year (although she would love that xylophone) and Lindsey will be too young for it at the end of this year and Natalie will likely be too old for it, so I think it will be perfect for Lindsey's 2nd.
I also already have a box in the top of my closet with "XMAS" written on it. I fantasize that it will be chock full of toys bought on sale for the girls and that I won't have to buy a single thing for them after September or so.
Here's to shopping! Smart Shopping, that is!
=)
Can't wait to see the hubby's comment on this one!
2 comments:
OOhh! Some clothes I bought for next fall for Lindsey just went on sale, so I got the price adjustment! Go me! Maybe I can do this bargain thing after all!
Go Lisa! Way to bargain shop!! I'm getting ready to shop for the kids' spring/summer clothes and I have my eyes peeled for bargains too!
Hopefully I'll be working on Christmas shopping very early this year as well...
Post a Comment