Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Natalie!

Natalie's 3rd Birthday was so much fun! She really understood that it was her birthday today. I think seeing classmates having birthdays, and them celebrating various character's birthday's on Word World she understood that it was her turn this time. She was so excited for each and every part of her day and the surrounding days with cupcakes for school and the party to follow on Saturday.

What Natalie woke up to this morning:

Since I was taking pictures of everything,
Natalie decided she wanted some of her own, too.

Opening a gift.

Opening James from Thomas & Friends.

Her big gift this year, a Dora Jeep

Then, a delivery!
Balloons from Uncle Kevin who is in California this month.
Great call and many thanks, Kev! They were a huge hit!

After Tiny Tykes Natalie had a picnic lunch of grilled cheese and pretzels with "lotsa bawoons" while watching a new Little Einsteins DVD.

After the cake went in the oven, we took her the Jeep out for a spin. Natalie had a blast until she got stuck in some mulch. She is actually driving in this picture though it looks like she is still. I suppose someone should teach her about the steering wheel.


Lindsey getting in on the birthday fun.

After dinner at O'Charley's ( a favorite of Natalie's) we came home and had a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake.

My Birthday Girl is ready to dig in!

Happy, Happy Birthday Natalie!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Natalie!! Looks like a great start to such a special day! I love all the Dora stuff... especially the Jeep, WOW!

I hope the party goes really well tomorrow and the birthday girl has fun. What Little Einstein's video did she get?

Alaskiana said...

What a special birthday weekend! You guys rock with the parties.