Friday, March 28, 2008

Is This the Little Girl I Carried?

My Natalie! Oh, how I never thought I could love someone so much! She's two now and ever so much fun. She's talking up a storm, repeating everything you say (so watch what you say!), knows her ABCs and her number 0-10 forward and backward. Today she started to SING! "Ya, Ya, Ya, Cow, Moo. Ya, Ya, Ya, Pig, Oink Oink." Old MacDonald! My baby can sing!!! She loves to be naked and she loves her pilot's cap and she loves her sunglasses (often those 3 in combo). When she puts them on she will tell you she's "too cool." She loves her Blankeys and she loves her Ba (that's me) and Dayee. She does not love to eat but she does love Pediasure Nutripals, so that helps. She loves Thomas the Train. Shes learning her animal sounds right now, and we're starting to work on shapes and colors. After the first attempt to potty train we learned that she loves panties, hates pull-ups, and has no interest in staying sitting on the potty for more than 5 minutes at a time. So we're still in diapers and we'll try again sometime. I know now how 'you have to wait for the kid to be ready'. Don't get me wrong, Natalie is two, and gets stubborn 2-year-old ideas in her head and can be trying at times, but when she falls, and brings you a finger that needs a kiss and tells you it's "all better" after that kiss, all feelings of frustration melt away. In Natalie's words, "Bye, Bye, Ee You Soo!"

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a great post about your little girl! I feel like I could have written a similar one about ours! Isn't it amazing what sponges they are a this age?

Any friend of Courtney's is a friend of mine! Best of luck with your pregnancy.

Alaskiana said...

Ahh - sweet Natalie:) I can't believe how much she's grown. I remember one of the first pictures I saw of her in her little ipod onesie.