Thursday, August 21, 2008

The First Day of School

In order to have a successful first day of school, there are many things a girl must do:

She must try on several outfits the day before. Not excluding your father's socks, should they be readily available.

She must take a bath and put on her "dancing jammies."

She must get a good night's sleep, or at least pretend to.

She must pack her school bag,

and say "Cheese" for me as we take the official first day of school photograph.

At 9 am I dropped Natalie off at the doorway, just as the teachers asked us to, and after a little fussing and trying to climb up into my arms she showed a touch of enthusiasm and went into the classroom by herself. I called her name to tell her Bye Bye, so she would not be surprised when I was no longer standing there, and again she started to fuss, but kept her spot in the room. A few minutes later another mom reported no fussing or crying from Natalie.

Once again, I'm filled with so many emotions as I realize just how quickly she's transforming from my sweet baby to this delightful little girl!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

in the last two pictures, if you look closely (or make them bigger) you can see the poor Salem the Beagle Dog who wanted to come outside and play with us. =)

Rachel said...

Children going back to school is always a bittersweet day for me. I enjoy my alone time, but I miss them terribly!