Monday, August 18, 2008

Why Do They Grow Up So Fast!?

Natalie can spell her name. Yep. N. A. T. A. L. I. E.
And the middle one, too. P. A. I. G. E.
Josh taught her that while I was at work today.

While playing with her letters in the tub tonight she found the following, put them in order, then said the words to me:
D O G
C A K E
Not only can she spell, she can write, too!

Tonight when doing her laundry SHE put Purple Blankey into the washer and said to me. "Dirry. Wash Wash. All Pween." She gets it. She has a comprehension level I would never expect from a two-year-old.

On the flip side, she has yet to be potty trained because she would rather hold it for 16 hours than pee in the potty.

I know it's inevitable, and I couldn't be more proud of her. But why, oh why, do they have to grow up so fast!?

2 comments:

Alaskiana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alaskiana said...

WOW! Kid genius! I'm not a mom yet but I'm thinking spelling at 2 is pretty impressive.